Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Work in Progress - Painting on Particle Board


I'm enjoying the feel of my new paintbrushes.  They are not the most expensive ones, but quite ok for what I am doing.  I might get just a couple of really excellent brushes soon, though, because I want to be able to get really fine lines and these cheapo ones are just not cutting it in that department. This is a freehand doodle using white gesso paint on particle/craft board.  I have started to add some colour using prismacolor pencils. I'm not sure how this one will turn out, I am just having fun experimenting.  What are your favourite type of paintbrushes? Any suggestions? Please comment below :)

Regards,

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I like to go to my hobby store and pick my brushes by the shape. And if they're on sale — score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inky Void. Yeah I should have gone to the store in person but it's a bit far away so I ordered online and got my husband to pick them up when he was in the city. There is nothing like standing in front of the art supplies and inspecting everything closely. I could spend hours in that place hehe.

      Delete
  2. I love synthetic, and I just feel them to see if they are stiff and have nice shape... a good brush does not have to cost 50 dollars, you find ones you LOVE the feel of and handle the way you wish...LOL.. It's like all things a matter of tast.. that being said I love your work... I could watch you doodle all day.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Trish. Yes the synthetic ones are often really good and they last for ages if you get just the right one.

      Delete
  3. What exactly is gesso paint? I love your work and I love that brush with the 3 places for the fingers and it has long bristles. Do you know what the name of the brush is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Carlee. Gesso paint is what artists usually use as a first coat on a canvas to seal it. It is usually white. The one I used has a lovely fine sandy feel to it, and it is matt, not glossy. I watered it down a bit and it flowed beautifully so I could get some really fine lines. Then I could colour sections of it with my prismacolor pencils. Yes that brush was a bit of a lucky find. It was a 'Monte Marte' brand - fine liner. It was quite a bargain, too.

      Delete
    2. Cool thanks! Can't wait to see new dangerous doodles!!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...