Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wonky...But Working on it.


Ok,so now it's pretty obvious I am desperate for ideas.  The cartoony looking pencil on the title of my blog is starting to annoy me so I drew this one instead. The end is a bit wonky but I'm working on it. I'm happy with that sharp point, though.  It has been sharpened to within an inch of its life.  Thinking of getting rid of the cartoony pencil and replacing it with this more serious pointy one.  I mean who takes cartoony pencils seriously?  My blog has identity confusion...should it be fun and groovy, or professional and serious? What has that got to do with the price of fish?

I should really post something more meaningful, like a useful tutorial.  But I can't think of one.  I actually started one last night in Photoshop, showing how to draw leaves but before I could write any instructions, I got carried away and it turned into this:

















This was drawn with the Wacom Intuos tablet in Photoshop.  I enjoyed fiddling with the colours and scale of the leaves.  Not sure what to turn this into yet, but I will keep it in my little 'miscellaneous drawings' folder and bring it out when I need inspiration.  For now, I will call this 'Leaves Curl In Autumn'.  How's that sound?

Speaking of tutorials, does anyone have any requests?

Happy creating
Regards,




3 comments:

  1. I love this leaf composition.
    The colors and textures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty successful, wonderful "little miscellaneous drawing." Well done! I like your sharpened pencil...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...