Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sneak(er) Preview.

Click for a larger image.
Today I decided it was time to do a little bit of promotion for my printable colouring book 'My Happy Flower'.  I'm im in the process of finishing a very short 'sneak preview' video and for the the M.Mosquito You Tube channel.

I took the sneaker image and couldn't resist doing some good old fashioned colouring in of my own, so that I could film it and include it in the video. The book is based around a little story in which a flower grows in a shoe which has been forgotten by its owner.

I broke out the Prismacolour pencils (ahh they are so soft and lovely to use) and got shading.  There is something so relaxing about shading, even when it is done at 2am when the kids are asleep.  I got a bit carried away, but it was a lot of fun.

Maybe I went a bit overboard with the dark tones, it turned out looking a bit heavy, like one of those tacky concrete flower planters you find in some people's gardens with mold growing on it (no offense to  anyone who has one in their garden, they are very stylish...no really :P)

Watch this space, the video will be ready soon (when my computer starts behaving itself again and lets me finish it)

Anyway you can grab a printable copy of the colouring book to use as many times as you like from here.  I reckon its a bit of a bargain, really, for only $5.50 (I mean, what can you get for 5 bucks these days?) But then that's just my opinion :P

Bye for now
MM

1 comment:

  1. Aren't prismas great? I think this illo is nice and strong. I'll look out for the video :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...